Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Depression

There is no doubt in my mind that I am suffering through a depressive episode. I'm not sitting around moping, I'm not sad... I'm not really feeling anything, honestly. I think depression differs from sadness in that most of the time when you're depressed, you're just numb. And I feel numb. (Also anxious, because in less than a week I'll be looking for a new place to live in an entirely new city. I don't move completely until the end of June, but I'm already getting anxiety of both kinds over it.)

This numbness is the hardest emotion to deal with, because it makes me just not care. There is a lot I need to be doing today, and here I am writing a blog because I just don't care enough to say, organize my stuff before I pack it up. It's a beautiful day outside (except for the fact that it's almost 90 and muggy) and I am indoors, feeling nothing.

I hope this goes away soon. I'll force myself to do some stuff, but I really hope I'm out of the doldrums soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment